Dan's Travels: China and Trans-Mongolia

Taking the scenic route to London (via China, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Russia, Czech Republic and Slovakia).

Friday, February 24, 2006

A quick rundown

While I'm on a roll, and so you can get an idea of where I'm going, I thought I'd post the rough plan for this trip....

My travel buddy Steph and I land in Beijing Friday evening. From there we hook up with an Intrepid tour that takes us around China for a bit over 20 days, from Beijing through X'ian, Shanghai, Longji (rice terraces) and ends up in Hong Kong (that's the red bit on the map below).

After a few days in Hong Kong, we fly back to Beijing to begin the Trans-Mongolian train trip, organised through Vodkatrain. This takes us to St Petersberg through Ulaanbaatar, through Siberia to Moscow, then up to St Petersberg (that's the blue bit on my funky map) - about 2 weeks in total.




After that, we'll fly to Prague and spend some time in Czech Republic and hopefully Slovakia, and then should hit London in about mid-April.

And that's about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home